Burton home heavily damaged by fire, dog critically injured

Burton firefighters extinguish a blaze in the 3400 block of Griffith Court on Thursday afternoon.
By  | 

BURTON (WJRT) (10/19/2017) - Burton firefighters pulled a critically injured dog from a house that caught fire Thursday afternoon.

Crews from several Burton fire stations responded to a blaze in the 3400 block of Griffith Court around 4:30 p.m. after a neighbor reported seeing smoke and flames pouring from the house.

The first units on the scene found heavy fire in the front room spreading to the rest of the house. Firefighters made an aggressive interior attack to knock down the flames.

After the fire was under control, crews found a severely injured dog in the house. The dog's condition was not immediately available.