Explosion at Richfield Township house leaves person badly burned

By  | 

RICHFIELD TOWNSHIP (WJRT) (1/9/2018) - One person was badly burned in a propane explosion at a Richfield Township house under construction Tuesday afternoon.

The explosion happened around 4:45 p.m. in the 9400 block of Sunrise Lane off M-15 about a mile north of Davison.

One person working at the residence received serious burns in the blast, but was still conscious at the scene. The victim's identity and condition was not immediately known.

The structure received some minor singe damage from the blast, according to the Davison-Richfield Fire Department.

The explosion also sent high pressure into the Genesee County Waste and Water sewer pipes buried underground. The blast was strong enough to blow off a manhole cover in the neighborhood.

Firefighters were going door-to-door in the neighborhood Tuesday evening to make sure other residences didn't have harmful gases entering them as a result of the incident.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus