FLINT (WJRT) - (03/02/2018) - Applications are now being accepted for Flint Promise Scholarships. It provides free college tuition to high school graduates from public, private charter and parochial schools in Flint.
Right now, the program works with Mott Community College and University of Michigan-Flint.
The scholarship may be used at MCC for up to three academic years as a student pursues a certificate or an associate degree.
From there, students who earn an associate degree or transfer certificate from MCC may extend the scholarship for up to three academic years at UM-Flint to pursue a bachelor's degree.
To meet the scholarship's eligibility requirements, applicants must:
- Graduate from a high school located within the City of Flint, or receive a GED in the City of Flint, in or after 2018
- Reside within the City of Flint at the time of graduation
- Graduate with a 1.8 GPA or higher
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)
- Apply to a participating college or university
- Be age 24 or younger
To complete the application, click on the URL under "Related Links."