FLINT (WJRT) - (11/23/2017) - Some sweet and savory dishes that are perfect to for your Thanksgiving table!
Kevin Goff's Cheesecake
- 2 pkgs. graham crackers
- 1 stick butter
- 4 pkgs. cream cheese (8 oz. each in brick form) at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 whole eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour (I like unbleached)
1) Crush graham crackers (by hand or food processor)
2) Melt butter and pour over graham crackers in large mixing bowl.
3) Press into lightly buttered 10” spring-form pan. Set in refrigerator while making filling.
4) Beat the four packages of cream cheese in a mixer until smooth.
5) Add sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl.
6) Add flour while mixer is on slow.
7) Add eggs, increase speed and beat.
8) Add vanilla. Add condensed milk. Beat until smooth.
9) Pour on top of graham cracker crust.
10) Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes then turn the temperature down to 325 degrees and bake for 60-70 minutes more. (Cover the top with foil for the first 20 minutes to prevent browning. Use a lower baking rack to prevent the top from turning brown.)
11) Cheesecake is done when the center is set. You may see a few cracks.
12) Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature (a couple of hours)
13) Refrigerate overnight, then add fruit topping.
Producer Kit's Family Peeta
"A recipe passed down through my family that's perfect for any meal!"
- 1 box phyllo pastry sheets
- 24 oz small curd cottage cheese
- 1lb butter
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Melt butter
3) Butter pan
4) Combine 1/4 cup melted butter, cottage cheese, egg and salt
5) Lay down one phyllo sheet, generously butter, then repeat with three more sheets
4) Line phyllo with cheese mixture.
5) Roll into tube, tuck in edges and place on pan.
6) Bake for ~20 minutes until golden brown.
7) Serve warm (or cold - either is great!)