JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) - (10/26/17) - The Latest on an explosion and fire at a firecracker factory on the outskirts of the Indonesian capital Jakarta (all times local):
Indonesian police say the death toll from an inferno at a fireworks factory outside Jakarta has risen to 47.
Tangerang police chief Hary Kurniawan says the death toll could rise further as many of the dozens of injured have extensive burns.
He said all 47 bodies recovered so far were found in the remains of the factory and a search is continuing.
A police official says 39 people have been killed in an inferno at a firecracker factory outside the Indonesian capital Jakarta.
Nico Afinta, general crimes director at Jakarta police, says the death toll could rise as many victims have suffered extensive burns.
The fire began Thursday morning at the factory next to a residential area in Tangerang, a city in Banten province on the western outskirts of Jakarta.
A police report said the fire spread after an explosion and that the factory's roof had collapsed.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)