Thetford Township home destroyed in overnight fire

By  | 

THETFORD TOWNSHIP (WJRT) (12/29/2017) - A wood stove may be to blame for an overnight house fire that left four people homeless.

The Clio Area Fire Department responded to the residence on Willard Road in Thetford Township around midnight. Flames had spread throughout the house before fire crews arrived.

Several other fire departments responded to assist with putting out the blaze. They had to truck in water because there are no hydrants in the area.

Four adults who were home when the fire broke out escaped safely. The house was completely destroyed and burned to the ground.

Fire investigators believe a wood stove in the home may have sparked the blaze.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus