Flint (WJRT) - (11/20/16) - This year I decided to make life a little easier preparing for our Thanksgiving feast. Since I'm working, up to the day, I'm really looking forward to sharing how to make a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner using crock pots and an electric roaster. Of course, it'll be healthy and scrumptious!
Here is a recipe to try for cooking a turkey in an electric roaster:
Cooking a Turkey in an Electric Roaster
Pre-Heat Roaster on HIGH (450 degrees)
1) After turkey is FULLY rinsed. Pat Dry with paper towels.
2) Mix freshly chopped garlic (4-5 cloves) with approx. 1 ½
tsp of Wildtree Sage Citrus Dry Rub
3) Lift skin gently to insert garlic mixture around bird, pat
skin back down.
4) Rub Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, liberally,
Inside and out
5) Sprinkle with Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub, inside & out
6) Fill turkey with baby carrots & onions. Put in roaster on rack. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. NEVER LIFT THE LID DURING COOKING TIME
Optional Fast & Flavorful Dry Brined Roasted Turkey
Number of Servings: 8-16 (depending on the turkey size)
Prep Time: 8 hours and 10 minutes (includes brining time)
2 cups Wildtree Fast and Flavorful Dry Brine
Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey. Set a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet and place the turkey on the rack. Rub 1/2 cup Fast and Flavorful Dry Brine on the back side of the turkey, 1/2 cup on the legs, and 1 cup on the breast. Cover the turkey with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Thoroughly rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Roast appropriately for the size bird you have chosen.