Position: Director of Creative Services and Marketing
Reports to: General Manager
Submitted by: Pete Veto
Position Available: Immediate
Director of Creative Services and Marketing
WJRT-TV is seeking a qualified Director of Creative Services and Marketing, to develop and lead all facets of station promotion and marketing including image, topical and brand development while managing deadlines and project completion.
Position will report directly to the General Manager. Responsibilities include:
• Managing / Supervising Directors, Creative Services Department, Media & Production Team.
• Create and manage station brands, cross platform marketing and graphic design.
• High comfort level with marketing including social media.
• Collaborate with News Director on strategy for image and topical marketing messages.
• Participates in planning/implementation of specialty publicity material for special event activities.
• Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Work with General Sales Manager to enhance presentations and promotional opportunities.
• Keep abreast of media technologies as they apply to on-air promotions and graphics.
• Keen eye on industry trends to generate new ideas and opportunities for the station.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead/supervise staff and establish positive work relationships.
• Producing compelling daily news topicals and station image campaigns to generate viewer interest.
• Oversee scheduling of media & production and promotions teams.
• Assist in joint promotional efforts with media partners.
• Assist in commercial production.
• Assist in the creation of contests/promotions.
• Create radio (and cable) spots for outside media during rating periods.
• Avid and Adobe Graphic Suite
• 3D Motion graphics preferred
• Experience in directing, commercial production and station promotions.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight daily, weekly , monthly and yearly deadlines
• Create and manage department budget
• Understanding of Nielsen, and Comscore ratings and trends
• Highly creative and self-motivated
• Flexible when it comes to scheduling and able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
• B.A. Degree in Marketing
• Four-Six years of station marketing, media & production experience
• Four years Management/Supervisory experience
• Television Broadcasting experience
This is a full time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan. Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment.
Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the General Managers discretion.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow. Include a resume and cover letter to
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job. The job description is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.