Saginaw fire that killed 8-year-old ruled accidental - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Saginaw fire that killed 8-year-old ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
  • Saginaw fire that killed 8-year-old ruled accidentalMore>>

  • 8-year-old dies after house fire

    8-year-old dies after house fire

    Monday, July 30 2012 11:20 AM EDT2012-07-30 15:20:09 GMT
    (07/29/12) -- Family members say 8 year-old Chakur Tolbert died after this home on Cherry St. caught fire Friday night in Saginaw. According to published reports, firefighters found Tolbert on the second
    Family members say 8-year-old Chakur Tolbert died after a home on Cherry St. caught fire Friday night in Saginaw.
SAGINAW (WJRT) -

(07/30/12) - A fire that claimed the life of a young Saginaw boy has been ruled accidental.

Fire investigators say it was a cooking accident.

Eight-year-old Cha'kur Tolbert was found on the second floor of his home on Cherry Street.

Saginaw's Deputy Fire Marshal tells us Tolbert died from smoke inhalation.

Tolbert's funeral is set for 11 a.m. Wednesday at Zion Missionary Baptist Church on Johnson Street. Visitation is at 10 at the church.

Paradise Funeral Home and Chapel is handling the funeral arrangements.

He was a third grader and honor student at Houghton Elementary.

Powered by WorldNow

abc12.com

ABC12 Main Station
810-233-3130

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.