(08/30/12) - Several Mid-Michigan seniors are still waiting to get back into their homes after they were damaged by fire.
Saturday, a second fire at Rosehaven Manor forced their evacuations.
The first fire, in April, displaced nearly 100 residents. Many of them were moving back in when the fire alarm sounded for a second time.
Ann VanCamp was among the residents displaced by the first fire.
"I wasn't hurt. A lot of people were displaced that didn't have someone to take them in, but hey, I'm lucky," she said.
VanCamp had minor smoke damage to her unit, but was able to salvage it all.
While the apartment was being repaired, she moved in with her daughter.
Then last Saturday, some residents - including VanCamp - were given the all clear to move back in.
"We were all pretty excited in moving her back in. The restoration company had moved all her big items on Thursday and we moved in all the things she had been using the past four months on Saturday," said VanCamp's daughter Gean Johnson.
As Johnson and other family members were organizing her things, a fire alarm stopped them in their tracks.
"It was about straight up noon so we thought maybe it was just a test and we don't know about it because she's just moving back in," Johnson said.
But it wasn't a test - it was another fire.
"Who would ever think that lightening would strike twice?" Johnson said.
The second time around, Ann lost a lot more.
"The first time, mom just had smoke damage. This time she actually has things burnt right up," Johnson said.
The state fire investigator ruled the first fire was accidental - possibly a cigarette or cooking fire.
The investigation is still underway into what caused Saturday's fire.
ABC12 visited Rosehaven manor Thursday to ask them where the restoration stands and when residents would be allowed to move back in - but we were turned away.
Meantime, VanCamp says she will likely stay with her daughter permanently.
ABC12 Main Station