(09/14/12) - At one point Friday, 600 Consumers Energy customers were without power.
It all started at a Flint Township mobile home park when two high voltage power lines collapsed.
When the pole snapped, that was just beginning for people there. It sparked a fire and even a gas leak
At its peak, 600 were in the dark. Consumers is working on getting power restored to the remaining 200.
Craig Entrekin is thankful for his neighbor - who knocked on his door Friday morning.
"If it wasn't for him, I would have been asleep when it went off, I would come out that front door into a live power line," Entrekin said. "Woke up to someone banging, neighbor telling me we got a power line down on the house."
Entrekin got out safely, but the pole snapped and fell on top his trailer and two others.
Firefighters were the first to arrive on scene.
"There was a fire at the top of the pole, and the wires which were energized fell on atop of the trailer which we believe is what started the fire," said Kevin Keane, area manager of Consumers Energy.
It was the Matthess' trailer that caught fire. The family of five says they've lost everything.
"It's unbelievable, nothing else I can say to it," said Penny Matthess. "There was a gas leak in the house. We are lucky that it didn't blow up."
Firefighters evacuated 50 homes as a precaution and were able to get the fire contained. But for the Matthess', it was simply too late.
"We have nothing. It's all gone. Only thing that was salvageable is my car," Matthess said.
Power should be restored to the customers Friday evening.
ABC12 Main Station