Man shocked by 5,000 volts of electricity - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Man shocked by 5,000 volts of electricity

Posted: Updated:

(09/23/12)  - A man was hospitalized after he grabbed a power line carrying 5,000 volts of electricity.

It happened late Sunday morning in the 2700 block of Paradise Ct. in Portsmouth Township. 

The Bay County Sheriff's Department tells ABC12 the man was working for a professional tree trimming service and was cutting down a tree in the backyard of a home while standing on a metal ladder. Then for an unknown reason, he grabbed the power line.

Deputies say he was attached to the line for a few minutes and his body began to smoke.

He was air-lifted to Hurley in Flint. At last check, he was in critical condition.

Powered by WorldNow

ABC12 Main Station

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.