Fire causes apartment evacuation in Saginaw County - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Fire causes apartment evacuation in Saginaw County

Posted: Updated:
SAGINAW COUNTY (WJRT) -

(10/18/12) - Careless smoking may have caused the evacuation of a high-rise apartment building in Saginaw County Thursday morning.

A small fire on the fifth floor of the South Colony Place Independent Living complex started around a quarter to seven.

A woman suffered minor smoke inhalation, but didn't want to be taken to the hospital.

All residents were evacuated, but all but five are now back in the apartment complex.

The Saginaw Township Fire Chief says the sprinkler system did its job.

Investigators believe the fire started in a couch.

Powered by WorldNow

abc12.com

ABC12 Main Station
810-233-3130

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.