Home catches fire after owner uses lit match to look under the b - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Home catches fire after owner uses lit match to look under the bed

Posted: Updated:
FLINT (WJRT) -

(10/28/13) - A man used a lit match to search for something under a bed, and his home caught fire.

The fire started at about 2 p.m. Monday in the 5600 block of Marlowe Drive, off Fleming, in Flint.

The match lit the plastic on the box spring on fire.

The owner tried to put it out himself.

The home suffered substantial damage.

The owner was treated for smoke inhalation.

Powered by WorldNow

abc12.com

ABC12 Main Station
810-233-3130

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.