Police confirm carbon monoxide poisoning as cause of death for - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Police confirm carbon monoxide poisoning as cause of death for Richard Battle Sr.

Posted: Updated:
MT. MORRIS TOWNSHIP (WJRT) -

(12/04/13) - Mt. Morris Township Police say it was carbon monoxide that killed a man found dead in his home last month. 

A family friend previously identified him as Richard Battle Sr.

Investigators were waiting for autopsy results before confirming what killed Battle.

Police say the Genesee County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled his death accidental. 

Police have previously said there was an overwhelming smell of exhaust fumes at the home, on Skander Dr., where he was found.

A generator was being used following a severe storm earlier that week.

Battle was the Minister of Music at Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church in Flint.

Powered by WorldNow

abc12.com

ABC12 Main Station
810-233-3130

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.