Faulty wiring leads to fire at a Fenton dentist office - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Faulty wiring leads to fire at a Fenton dentist office

Posted: Updated:
FENTON (WJRT) -

(01/09/14) - Bad wiring caused a fire at a Fenton dentist office, and fire crews say if it had happened after business hours, the building could have been a total loss. 

Fire crews arrived at 3:30 p.m. Thursday to find a fire in the attic of Michigan Smiles, a historic home that's been converted into a business.

It's near the corner of West Shiawassee Avenue and South Adelaide Street.

Employees tell ABC12 their power went out, so their first instinct was to look for the fuse box.

"We where going around the house trying to investigate everything upstairs, downstairs, trying to see what was going on, and we kept smelling something. We weren't quite sure what was going on and then one of our patients came into our office and said your building is on fire, there is smoke coming out the side of your building," said Sherry Stoutenburg, the office manager.

Firefighters said they were able to put the fire out quickly, but they had to remove all of the insulation from the attic, so the arcing wire wouldn't start another fire.

Powered by WorldNow

abc12.com

ABC12 Main Station
810-233-3130

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.