Grand Blanc Township restaurant burns down Sunday - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Grand Blanc Township restaurant burns down Sunday

Posted: Updated:
GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP (WJRT) -

(01/12/14) - The Canton Chinese Restaurant at the corner of Fenton Road and McKinley Boulevard was destroyed in a late morning fire, Sunday.

The fire started around 11:30 a.m. Jim Harmes, Grand Blanc Fire Chief, believes the fire originated in the kitchen. He told ABC12 it is possible the fire started in the grease trap above the stove.

When firefighters arrived, flames were shooting through the roof. The owners were inside when the fire started, but made it out safely.

"Thank God they're out, they got out, they were in there," said Ellen Rogers, who lives nearby.

The Grand Blanc fire chief says this is the toughest fire he's ever fought.

"They've been here a long time and I really hate to see this happen," Rogers said.

Chief Harmes tells us the owner of the restaurant is hoping to rebuild as soon as possible.

Powered by WorldNow

abc12.com

ABC12 Main Station
810-233-3130

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.