Fire breaks out at Flushing business - ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MI

Fire breaks out at Flushing business

Posted: Updated:
FLUSHING (WJRT) -

(02/13/14) - Business owners and customers were forced to evacuate after a fire started in the basement of a Flushing business.

It happened around 2:30 p.m. at Just Julie's on Main Street .

The assistant Fire Chief says water leaked onto a fuse box that caught fire.

Smoke spread throughout Just Julie's and into at least one nearby businesses.

The fire was contained to Just Julie's, along with most of the damage.

"It's all damaged. The wall, the ceiling, the floor and it's still warm. It's all black. It's all flooded in the basement. I don't think there's a lot of damage. It's too early to tell. I don't know, if you walk through, it's pretty bad," said Julie Kunc, owner of Just Julie's.

People are being allowed back into their businesses.

No one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow

abc12.com

ABC12 Main Station
810-233-3130

Mailing Address:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, Michigan 48503

Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WJRT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.