FLINT (WJRT) -
(07/09/14) - If you grew up in Flint, do you consider yourself a Flint-toid or a Flint-stone?
The answer may determine how Flint you really are.
There are quizzes all over Facebook where you can find out how classy or how Southern you are, so Mid-Michigan writer Connor Coyne developed his own quiz for how Flint you are.
The quiz is below. Let us know how you did in the comments section or on our Facebook page, HERE.
1. You go to a restaurant and order "one up." What does this mean? A. You're going to tip the waiter $1 no matter how good or poor the service is. B. You want a lukewarm hotdog on a sesame seed bun with all sorts of green crap all over it. C. You want a Koegel Vienna with a dry sauce with meat and spices, mustard and onions. D. You want a Koegel Vienna with a wet sauce with beans and meat, mustard and onions.
2. How much do you pay for your water each month? A. My parents pay my water bill. B. I think the lease covers that. C. Thirty dollars? I think? D. Since I pawned all my jewelry and electronics, I'm able to pay my water bill... this month.
3. Michigan is also known as... A. Pure Michigan B. Yes M!ch!gan! C. The Murder Mitten D. The Powerful Peninsulas
4. You're ditching school at Northwestern to pick up your SO at Southwestern. How will you make this trip as quickly as possible? A. Dupont straight south to Chevrolet, then jog over to Pershing / Hammerburg, and left on 12th. Boom! B. Carpenter to 475, to 69, to Hammerburg. Boom! C. Carpenter to Clio becomes Ballenger becomes 12th. Boom! D. MTA. Boom (as the bus hits a guy in a stalled Chevette)!
5. When you call 911, how long does it take the police to arrive? A. 911... are you talking about the emergency number or September 11th? B. I only had to call 911 once, because I saw a turtle crossing the road. C. About an hour after I called. They must have been busy. D. I called on July 1st and they showed up on June 30th of the following year.
6. When your city faces a budget crisis, how does it attempt to cut its budget? A. Cuts to pensioners. B. Cuts to street maintenance. C. Cuts to tax exemptions and abatements for developers. D. Cuts to public safety. E. A, B, and D.
7. You go to a restaurant and order a carbonated soft drink. What do you ask for? A. A pop. B. A Coke. C. A soda. D. A Vernors.
8. There's a big chunk of concrete with paint all over it. What is it? A. A Rock. B. A Chunk. C. A Block. D. Graffiti, obviously.
9. When it's time to vote for your elected official, how do you decide to support? A. Whoever my parents / pastor / BFF / zeitgeist says? B. Whoever puts up the most campaign posters? C. Whoever outlines the most rational positions on issues of importance? D. Wait, people get to "elect" their "officials"?
10. You are a: A. Flintoid B. Flintonian C. Flintstone D. Flintite