Flint River Watershed Coalition planning river clean up days
FLINT, Mich. (WJRT) - A Genesee County group is asking for help with a clean up day this weekend.
The Flint River Watershed Coalition is hosting its first Flint River Clean-Up. The group is looking for anyone who is willing to come out and help clean the area from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Supplies are included, but participants should bring their own face covering.
Saturday’s cleanup locations are:
- Atwood Stadium parking lot, 300 Stone St.
- Flint Park Lake at the intersection of Winthrop and Marengo avenues.
- Glenwood Cemetery at 2500 W. Court St.
- Thread Lake at 249 Peer Ave.
- Vietnam Veterans Park at 2000 James P. Cole Boulevard.
Another cleanup is planned on May 1 at the Cramton Park pavilion at 130 S. Monroe St. in Lapeer.
Copyright 2021 WJRT. All rights reserved.