Consumers Energy worker dies after being shocked by electric line

By  | 

PENINSULA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - (10-08-18) - Officials say a 51-year-old Consumers Energy worker has died after being shocked by an electric line in Michigan's northwestern Lower Peninsula.

The Grand Traverse County sheriff's office responded Friday to a report of a medical emergency involving electric shock on the Old Mission Peninsula near Traverse City. The utility says James Farrington of Alden was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

Jackson-based Consumers Energy says in a statement that Farrington was shocked by an electric line. The death is under investigation by state and local authorities as well as the utility.

Farrington was a journeyman line worker. He joined Consumers Energy after earlier working with Traverse City Light & Power and the Lansing Board of Water & Light.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus