FLINT (WJRT) - UPDATE: (02/07/17) - The Aziz brothers were denied entrance into the U.S. following President Trump's immigration ban last week. It came after years of their father, who lives in Flint, working to secure Visas for them.
Since they were sent back to Africa where they obtained their Visas, their father, a naturalized U.S. citizen, has been working to bring them home to live with him.
Monday, the two were reunited and Tuesday was their first full day in Mid-Michigan.
"I was speechless because I was happy," said 21-year-old in Tareq Aziz.
Now that they're here to stay, the brothers are ready to work hard.
"I want to go to college and get a good education," Tareq said.
Their father says even after the struggle to get his sons to the U.S., he still believes in the American Dream.
"This is America. Anyone who wants to work hard and study hard, you will have a good life," Aqel said.
This is the Aziz brothers' first time in the U.S. They tell ABC12 News that a trip to Disneyland is on their bucket list.
UPDATE: (02/06/17) - Two brothers turned away last week by President Trump's immigration order are now in Washington, D.C.
The Aziz brothers, originally from Yemen, were trying to visit their father in Flint.
Several groups sued on their behalf after their Visas were revoked.
The brothers flew to the U.S. Monday morning after a federal judge halted the President's executive order.
"I just want to thank all the people that support us and who worked with us. They made me feel like there is a family here; that we have a family, and that's what I love about America," said Tareq Aziz, who reunited with his father Monday morning in Washington D.C.
The brothers' father, Aquel, is very grateful for all the support.
"Thank you for every single person who tried to help me bring my kids back. I'm so happy. I'm so glad. This is America. America is for everybody. Thank you, thank you, thank you," he said.
They are expected to be in the Flint area Monday evening.
(02/01/17) - They dream of coming to Mid-Michigan - but they aren't being allowed to.
An executive order from the President is banning them and other immigrants from coming into the United States.
The Aziz brothers have family in the Flint area. Their father is an immigrant who is now a U.S. citizen; he's a businessman in Flint. He was able to get Visas for his two sons to come stay with him, but when they got to the U.S. last weekend, they were sent away.
The Aziz brothers are 19 and 21 years old. Both are originally from Yemen but were in Ethiopia because of political unrest in Yemen.
Their father, Aqel Muhammed, was working to get his sons Visas to come to Flint, where he runs several gas stations. Once the Visas were approved, last weekend the brothers flew from Ethiopia to Ireland and eventually to Washington D.C.
Two hours after they boarded the plane, President Donald Trump signed an executive order preventing non-citizens from multiple countries, including Yemen, from entering the U.S.
We're told once they landed in D.C., they were handcuffed and sent on a plane back to Ethiopia.
Their father has filed a lawsuit with a Washington D.C.-based firm to try to get his sons to Mid-Michigan, but it's bound to be a lengthy and expensive process.
Several non-profits are stepping in to help the Aziz brothers.
We will continue to follow this story closely today. Stay with ABC12 News and abc12.com for updates.