Dog pulled nearly lifeless from Burton house fire revived and recovering

Burton Fire Lt. Joe Johnson, left, and Firefighter Doug Hedrick with Chopper.
By  | 

BURTON (WJRT) (10/20/2017) - Burton firefighters and paramedics worked together Thursday afternoon to save the life of a dog found nearly lifeless in a house fire.

Crews from several Burton fire stations responded to a blaze in the 3400 block of Griffith Court around 4:30 p.m. after a neighbor reported seeing smoke and flames pouring from the house.

The first units on the scene found heavy fire in the front room spreading to the rest of the house. Firefighters made an aggressive interior attack to knock down the flames.

After the fire was under control, Burton Fire Lt. Joe Johnson and Firefighter Doug Hedrick found Chopper lying under a bed in the home, according to a Facebook post from the fire department. Chopper was unresponsive when the firefighters brought him outside to a waiting Swartz EMS crews.

The ambulance crew administered oxygen to Chopper and revived him on the scene until he regained consciousness. The dog was released to his owners at the scene.