Donating or volunteering to help Flint's water emergency

Published: Jan. 13, 2016 at 2:36 PM EST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Volunteers, material donations and financial donations are being requested to help provide safe water resources for Flint residents.

Please refer to the below details for information on how a person can donate or volunteer.


Material Donations:

Donations of of 100 cases or less can go to Catholic Charities Center for Hope.

Donations of 100 cases or more, pallets of water or donations in one semi-truck can go to the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan.

For extra-large donations, such as multiple semi-trucks, delivery arrangements can be made by emailing Janet Hunter at

In-kind donations include labor to install filters and trucks to deliver materials. All in-kind donors should contact Janet Hunter at

If you don't want to donate water, you can make cash donations to the United Way or the Red Cross.

Financial Donations:

The United Way of Genesee County, Community Foundation of Greater Flint, Hurley Children’s Hospital and the Greater Flint Health Coalition have created a fund that will address both the short-term and long-term needs of Flint residents.

The Community Foundation is managing all financial donations and no administrative fee is assessed. Visit or call the United Way at 810-232-8121 or Community Foundation of Greater Flint at 810-767-8279 for more information.

Donate to Flint Community Schools:

For those looking to make water donations to Flint Community Schools, this is how you may do so:

- Make arrangements with the school ahead of time.

- Make water donations to the school building in your neighborhood.

- If you'd prefer to make a monetary donation, deliver a cashier's check or money order made out to Flint Community Schools to the business office on Kearsley Street. You can receive a tax exempt receipt.


Volunteers are still needed to participate in water response teams going door-to-door handing out bottled water, filters, water testing kits and replacement cartridges. Volunteers join teams of city, county and state personnel and members of the American Red Cross.

Volunteers should report to the Red Cross at 1401 S. Grand Traverse, Flint.

Red Cross, Flint:
1401 S. Grand Traverse
Saturday-Sunday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Catholic Charities Center for Hope:
517 E. Fifth Ave., Flint
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Food Bank of Eastern Michigan
2300 Lapeer Rd., Flint
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Latest News

Latest News