DAVISON TOWNSHIP (WJRT) (12/9/2017) - A Davison Township apartment building was evacuated Friday morning when a dryer caught fire.
A resident at River Ridge Apartments in the 8000 block of McDermitt Drive off Irish Road north of Court Street was doing laundry when the coin operated machine ignited around 9:30 a.m.
Everyone evacuated the building safely before the Davison-Richfield Fire Department arrived on the scene. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames and dragged the dryer outside.
Nobody was injured, but the American Red Cross has been asked to assist some residents whose apartment received smoke damage. A dog living in the damaged apartment was taken to a veterinarian for treatment of smoke inhalation.