FLINT (WJRT) (11/20/2017) - A mother and daughter safely escaped their burning house Sunday evening.
The fire broke out around 7 p.m. on Cheyenne Street in Flint. The mother and daughter grabbed as many things as they could before running into the freezing cold.
They told the Flint Fire Department that they heard a sharp pop right before the fire started. Fire investigators believe the fire could have been sparked by an electrical issue, but an official cause wasn't determined Sunday.
The family recently moved into the home.