Lear Corporation, Aerotech, Mott Community College hosting job fair Wednesday
(01/16/18) -- Mott Community College, Aerotech and Lear Corp. are teaming up to host a job fair Wednesday to fill hundreds of positions at Lear's new automotive seating plant in Flint.
Lear Corp. will be hiring mostly for production at their new facility, which is set to open April 2018.
"We'll be helping them with some pre-employment training that will come first when people come here for the job fair, they'll sign up and if they get selected, they'll go through the pre-employment training program and then they'll work with Aerotech and get trained at an actual Lear facility prior to the Lear facility opening here in Flint," said Dawn Hibbard with Mott Community College.
Lear Corp. expects to hire around 430 production positions by April. By 2019, the company expects to be at full capacity employing around 600 workers.
The company is offering an entry level wage of $13.85 an hour with a second shift incentive of an additional 30 cents and hour.
Applicants are encouraged to dress appropriately in professional attire and also bring several copies of their resumes.
Required qualifications for any position include:
• A high school diploma or GED.
• Flexibility with scheduling and the availability to work first and second shift.
• Must be available to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to stand for eight to 10 hour shifts.
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment skills test. Once hired must pass a physical demands test, drug screen and required to undergo pre-employment background check.
• Bring an updated resume to the job fair.
The job fair will be held Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Regional Technology Center on the campus of Mott Community College.