FLINT (WJRT) (12/5/2018) - 60-year-old Gilbert Conway, the man believed to be a 'serial rapist' was back in a Flint district courtroom Wednesday.
Two of the twelve women who have come forward, accusing him of physically and sexually abusing them, took the stand against him.
It was evident they were both extremely nervous, having difficulty getting out their answers. The two were looking at the man they each said held them against their will for 2 to 3 days.
This was the first time the one woman had seen Gilbert Conway since November 2010, the other since March 2011.
Conway will stand trial on both of those cases. The Judge saying the women's testimony proves the charges of kidnapping, 1st degree criminal sexual conduct and assault, among others. A count of torture was also added, bringing the total from Wednesday's two cases to 46 charges.
The women both explained for those several days, the now-60-year-old raped them dozens of times at his home in Flint. They said he urinated on them, poured vodka on them and beat them.
Both women testified they tried to escape, even screaming for help multiple times; but, they said Conway threatened to kill them and they both believed he would.
The one woman had been drinking the night she said Conway forced her into his truck. The other admits she was a prostitute high on heroin and cocaine. But, they both made it clear they never consented to anything that happened to them at Conway's home.
Defense Attorney Archie Hayman said he expects more women will come forward and that they'll each have a similar account. He explained where the consent ends will be the question.
"I think it's gonna be the same story that you've been hearing over and over again," Hayman said. "And, that is that these ladies are out at 1, 2, 3, 4 o'clock in the morning, he's picking them up, he's giving them money, you heard the testimony today, $40 for each one and he's paying the money in exchange for sex."
Hayman added he's still waiting to get a look at the hundreds of tapes police found inside his home.
Police have been able to investigate a little more than a hundred of them, which is what led them to the latest victim.
Flint Police filed 19 more charges against Conway Wednesday. He is currently facing 167 criminal charges, but dozens to hundreds more victims could still come forward.