Small fire at Grand Blanc High School causes evacuation

GRAND BLANC (WJRT) (4/13/2019) - Grand Blanc High School Theater was presenting Saturday afternoon matinee of "The Addams Family" -- until they were told to evacuate.

A small fire broke out just before 3 p.m. Grand Blanc Fire Chief Bob Burdette said it started after a curtain was drawn back too close to a stage light.

The fire was easily contained, the hallways were ventilated and no one was injured

"We've moved to LED lighting. A lot of the industry has where there's no heat coming out of the light. That has saved many theaters because there's not that heat to begin fires, so hopefully we can move into that direction," said theater director Denise Botzki

The show scheduled for Saturday evening was canceled, but the theater director is hoping they will be able perform at another high school.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus