Position: Account Executive
Reports to: General Sales Manager
Date: Sept. 16, 2019
Submitted by: Brock Rice
Position Available: Immediate
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve.
Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home.
If you are looking for a place to grow your career, find an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
WJRT/ABC12 currently has an opening in our Sales Department for an Account Executive.
An Account Executive is responsible for handling all aspects of local accounts, including developing new business, utilizing marketing skills and preparing/delivering client presentations. Ability to prospect, cold call and schedule face-to-face meetings with a creative compelling sales presentations. We are seeking an individual that is self-motivated and ambitious to join our team. We are seeking a highly effective communicator with the ability to cultivate relationships.
Possess an energetic, aggressive, persuasive, personable, and highly motivated personality. Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build, present, sell, and execute cross-platform advertising campaigns
• Create client re-caps, demonstrating delivery and effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Maintain and sell existing TV and digital accounts
• Prospect and sell new business, using television and digital products
• Work collaboratively with other departments and within a sales team on station projects
• Must be able to close new business
• Ability to make face to face outside sales visits
• Ability to generate sales leads
• Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects, learn about their business, and propose solutions
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Present marketing/advertising ideas to area businesses.
• Sell commercial advertising time and other station products to local advertisers
• A four-year college degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred
• Customer-service oriented, self-motivated, and possess strong local contact
• Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficient with mobile digital technology
• Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills and Organizational skills
• An intense desire to succeed in a commission-based sales environment
• A pre-employment and random drug screening is required
• Must have a good driving record
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to overcome objections
• Meet and exceed monthly broadcast and digital goals
This is a full-time entry-level position. The Account Executive position includes a highly competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. The company also offers a 401k plan with company match to plan for the long term.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
This is a full time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
Apply at: www.gray.tv/applynow upload resume, cover letter.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job. The job description is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Additional Info: Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.