Position: Account Executive
Reports to: General Sales Manager
Date: August 1, 2018
Submitted by: Brock Rice
Position Available: Immediate
WJRT/ABC12 currently has an opening in our Sales Department as follows: Account Executive.
An Account Executive is responsible for handling all aspects of local accounts, including developing new business, utilizing marketing skills and preparing/delivering client presentations. Ability to prospect, cold call and schedule face-to-face meetings with a creative compelling sales presentations.
Seeking an individual that is self-motivated and ambitious to join our team. Seeking a highly effective communicator with the ability to cultivate relationships.
Possess an energetic, aggressive, persuasive, personable, and highly motivated personality. Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build, present, sell, and execute cross-platform advertising campaigns
• Create client re-caps, demonstrating delivery and effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Maintain and sell existing TV and digital accounts
• Prospect and sell new business, using television and digital products
• Work collaboratively with other departments and within a sales team on station projects
• Must be able to close new business!
• Ability to make face to face outside sales visits
• Ability to generate sales leads
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Present marketing/advertising ideas to area businesses.
• Sell commercial advertising time and other station products to local advertisers
• A 4-year college degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred
• Customer-service oriented, self-motivated, and possess strong local contact
• Excellent computer knowledge
• Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills and Organizational skills
• An intense desire to succeed in a commission-based sales environment
• Must have a good driving record
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to overcome objections
This is a full time entry level position. The Account Executive position includes a highly competitive compensation and benefit package which includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance. The company also offers a 401k plan with company match to plan for the long term.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
This is a full time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
Apply at: www.gray.tv/applynow upload resume, cover letter.
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.